- Awards Committee The Awards Committee is responsible for the awards of the Minnesota Library Association (with the exception of the President’s Award and the Minnesota Academic Innovators Award). The committee is... [read more]
- Communications Committee The MLA Communications Committee is charged with communication to the MLA membership. Other committees or subunits may communicate with their members, but the Communications Committee maintains the... [read more]
- Conference Committee The Conference Committee is responsible for planning and coordinating all aspects of the Minnesota Library Association Annual Conference. The committee is comprised of several subcommittees, each of... [read more]
- Intellectual Freedom Committee The Intellectual Freedom Committee is charged with the responsibility to educate library workers, trustees and the general public about the nature and importance of intellectual freedom. [read more]
- Legislative Committee The Legislative Committee is charged with the responsibility to recommend a legislative platform and program to the board of directors each year and to lobby on behalf of MLA in conjunction with the... [read more]
- Membership Committee The Membership Committee develops and implements an annual plan of action to recruit and retain members. The committee meets regularly face-to-face and in other formats that enable full participation... [read more]
- Nominating Committee The Nominating Committee is charged with the responsibility of preparing a slate of candidates for each elective office of the Minnesota Library Association. Committee members serve for one year. To... [read more]
There are plenty of opportunities to get involved. We welcome new volunteers and new ideas. If the committee you’d like to serve on isn’t listed, make suggestions for new committees.